Last night Microsoft released the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update (7720). The update brings over 500 new features to your Windows Phone 7 including LinkedIn and Twitter integration, Facebook- and MSN-chat, improved IE9 browser, contact grouping,… further information about the new features of Windows Phone 7.5 can be found here.
Nearly all providers worldwide have started to deploy the Windows Phone 7.5 update (see complete list). The only exception in Germany being the Deutsche Telekom for the Samsung Omnia 7 device. However, there is a workaround for Samsung Omnia 7 devices from Deutsche Telekom:
1. Connect your Omnia 7 to Zune
2. Click Phone->Settings->Update (Jetzt aktualisieren) in Zune
3. Immediately disconnect your PC from the internet (e.g. disconnect LAN cable/WLAN, disconnect router, etc,..) This has to be done BEFORE the notification that no update is available is displayed!
4. A notification is displayed that there is indeed an update available to version 7720
5. Reconnect your PC to the internet to download and install this update.
I will update my HTC HD7 tonight!
Post this to a friend!
2 weeks ago