Microsoft just released Windows Embedded Compact 7, the successor of Windows Embedded CE today! The official launch in Europe was on the Embedded World. So you see I didn’t exaggerate when I told you in yesterdays post that you would not be disappointed if you visit the Microsoft booth. You still have 2 days to visit the Microsoft booth at the Embedded World to get the latest news on Windows Embedded Compact 7, so hurry up!
New features of Windows Embedded Compact 7 include:
- SMP (Symmetric Multi Processing)
- ARM v5, ARM v6 and ARM v7 support
- Updated and improved Silverlight for Windows Embedded (SWE) now based on Silverlight 3; including the WEST (Windows Embedded Silverlight Tools) to automatically convert your Silverlight C# applications logic to SWE C++ application logic
- Multitouch and touch gestures
- New Internet Explorer Embedded based on IE 7 including Flash 10.1 integration
- Improved Connection Manager and Device Stage
- New Bootloader framework
- New Office and PDF viewers including support for Office 2007.
Find the Windows Embedded Compact 7 Datasheet here.
Download the 180 days free trial Version of Windows Embedded Compact 7 here.