The December updates for Windows CE are available for download:
Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (December 2009):
Fixes made in this update:
Component: Adobe Flash
· 091229_KB977827 - Adobe Flash Lite LoadPolicyFile from loca lhost may not work correctly.
· 091211_KB974616 - This update addresses some issues in Active Template Library.
The file(s) with the new source code changes for this component can be found in the directory %_WINCEROOT%\: others\atl8\include\atlcom.h others\atl8\include\atlcomcli.h
· 091221_KB959480 - This update addresses an issue with choppy audio and video when streaming 4 mbps or higher content over MMS or HTTP.
· 091231_KB978456 - AUTH_USER Web Server variable not set for NTLM authentication.
The file(s) with the new source code changes for this component can be found in the directory %_WINCEROOT%\: private\servers\http\auth\auth.cpp
Component: Internet Explorer
· 091215_KB977984 - Users are not allowed to choose download destination if the current drive is full.
· 091218_KB978007 - Customization of UAString may result in web sites not recognizing the browser and reporting an error "The browser is out of date".
Certain Web sites check the browser’s User-Agent string to identify the browser navigating to their site. The default User-Agent string sent to all sites is “MSIE 6.0”.
You can change the string that is sent to a specific site by changing the UAString in the registry. The UAString replaces the User-Agent header when users navigate to that site.
To changes the registry setting:
1. Navigate to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UAMap2. Identify the site that receives the new User-Agent string in the HostNameSuffix field. For example, http://www.contoso.com/ is listed as contoso.com.3. Replace the UAString field with a custom User-Agent string. For example, you can change the UAString for contoso.com to “Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; Internet Explorer Embedded; Windows NT 5.1)”.
The default string “MSIE 6.0” is replaced by “Internet Explorer Embedded.”
NOTE: Some sites my not recognize the custom User-Agent string. The UAString must be tested for each site.
· 091229_KB945975 - Updated files for this release. This update adds multi-user support for ThinClient, allows customization of the UI tabs from option dialog except the general tab
· 091214_KB977410 - SNMP trap may use wrong IP address for trap message on multi-homed device.
· 091216_KB977476 - This update addresses some time zone issues and adds new DST changes.
Windows CE 5.0 Platform Builder Monthly Update (December 2009):
Fixes made in this update:
· 091231_KB977613 - This update addresses some time zone issues and adds new DST changes.
Remember: it’s important to keep your system up to date!
3 weeks ago